January 31, 2009

You Don't Have to Be a Millionaire to Enjoy the Little Things in Life

. January 31, 2009

If I was a millionaire, I would hire an assistant to deal with all the day to day chores of life that just seem to get in the way of living. If I could calculate the hours I spend tidying up loose ends, I don't doubt that I would end up with a figure that far exceeded the hours I spend doing more soul stretching activities. Actually if I think about it, reading a book or doing yoga can't take up half as much of my life as things like sorting out my home insurance, cooking, shopping and ironing.
Obviously it doesn't stop at ironing. I can think of a million other things that blight the flow of my days but I'm sure by now you get the gist.
There's so much I would love to do if I had the time to spare. I know I'm not the only person in the world who feels they are not living up to their full potential. Human beings would have so much more time to explore the world and themselves if they were freed from the constraints of society. I'm not suggesting that we all up and do a runner like Christopher McCandless. No one really wants to die alone on a bus in Alaska with only grizzly bears for company, even if it is in pursuit of finding oneself.



Not having lots of money or a team of assistants to cut your way through a buttery existence, it is even more important to find ways to maximise the time and effort that you put into unavoidable 'chores'. Why not find ways to enjoy the things that we would normally endure? I find simple things like lighting a scented candle and putting on radio four whilst I do ironing can make time flow by much faster. I wouldn't advise doing the ironing whilst watching television because a particularly juicy episode of Jeremy Kyle can be distracting (I have burned many an unsightly hole this way). On the other hand you could always give up ironing altogether, renouncing yourself to tight bobbling clothes. I don't know about you but can't see how that would be therapeutic.
Hoovering the house is always complemented with a favourite dance CD. If you don't have a dance CD then singing along to musicals like The Sound of Music or Chitty Chitty Bang Bang works just fine. There is nothing that will perk up your mornings more than swinging your hips round with a vacuum to the sound of Dick Van Dyke or Julie Andrews. Now, if I was a millionaire I think that's one thing that I just wouldn't want to give up.

0 komentar:

:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X =(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] ~x( :-t b-( :-L x( =))

Post a Comment